Here’s the first beta release of Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030.
- Atari Falcon030 with 14 MB RAM (alternative: 4 MB RAM and at least 8 MB Fast-RAM. Please try to boot without accessories and auto folder programs and/or a lower desktop video mode if the program hangs on startup).
- Jaguar Pad/Power Pad.
- TV/RGB and VGA.
- DSP assisted sprite engine.
- Up to 65536 colours.
- Gameplay recording and replay.
- Highscore saving.
- The first beta does not support accelerated machines.
- Scrolling will be added later.
- No in game music.
- Should work with an accelerator which guarantees the synchronisation between CPU and DSP (Nemesis, Phantom, Skunk(?), …).
- Use the arrow keys and the LEFT SHIFT and CONTROL keys if you don’t have a joystick attached.
- Sample replay seems to have some problems within the menu.
Known issues so far:
- Please use a “non ST compatible” screen mode before starting the game to avoid a garbled display after exiting the game.
- Needs an original TOS version (like TOS 4.02) due to the usage of the DSP interface.
- Be careful with the “in game settings” to prevent a game freeze.
Please note that there’s a special binary for the Hatari emulator (older versions) in case you’re having display problems.
Download it here: Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030 (Beta 1)